It’s easy to tell when you need to replace your carpet or repaint the walls; you see them every day and when they look old or dingy, it’s easy to notice.The wear and tear on your roof is
How to know when it’s Time for a New Roof
Dated: August 29 2020
It’s easy to tell when you need to replace your carpet or repaint the walls; you see them every day and when they look old or dingy, it’s easy to notice.
The wear and tear on your roof is a different thing. How often do you spend the time looking up at your roof and really analyzing how it looks? If you’re like most people, the first indication you get that it’s time for a new roof is when water starts leaking into your home.
Before that happens, here are some signs that your roof needs to be replaced:
• It’s old: some roofs have a 20-year warranty, if it’s older than that, you might consider contacting a roofer to look it over
• It shows wear and tear: it's peeling or bubbling. There are spots you're not sure about.
• Roof material/debris is evident around the home: signs it’s breaking down
• Leaks and/or water stains: Check both the garage as well as your attic for evidence of leaks
• Your energy bills are rising: Unexplained increases in your utility bills could be signs of heat or cold invading your home
If you suspect that it’s time to replace the roof, now is the time to investigate your options for replacement or repairs, before you are facing much larger damage.
It is virtually nice to meet you! I am Janna, the Team Leader of Southern Life Realty Team, Partner of Floyd Realty Advisors, in Acworth, GA. I am a 4th Gen Metro Atlanta native & a local Cobb gradu....
Latest Blog Posts
If you love your neighborhood but need more space, you might consider an addition to your home.If expanding on the first floor is not an option, then adding a second floor might be an option. Unlike